Saturday, April 7, 2018

Love, Lies & Linguine

I've read Love, Lies & Linguine by Hilary Spiers which is set in a village in England and also in Italy.  Two sisters, Hester and Harriet go on a holiday in Italy and leave their house empty.  A young man, Ben, is supposed to look after it but one of his mates thinks it would be a great idea to hold a "Facebook party".  The consequences of this are inevitable.  Meanwhile in Italy Hester meets a man in her Italian cooking class.  Harriet gets involved with other guests at their hotel.  I thought the whole thing was a bit silly.  As I hadn't read the first book, I had some trouble working out which sister was which.  Even the author (and her editor and proofreader) must have been the same when the incorrect sister is named (p.305 - Lionel says 'I do love driving.' "The freedom of the open road," Harriet smiles back.)  Of course, it is Hester not Harriet who is with Lionel in the car. A good "holiday" read.  3/5

No comments: