Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Jenny's Book Club



We had a lovely time at Jenny's place last night. Most of us were there - Ulla, Leonie, Sandy, Di, Marilyn and Liz. Absent were Vee (travelling overseas), Bev (her grandson's 11th birthday), Penny (travelling overseas) and Kathy (attending a school function). Di and Marilyn have just returned from travelling overseas. Di talked about the joys of driving in Spain while navigating for her husband - not! She and Paul stayed in some wonderful B&B's off the beaten track and also in monastries - not equipped with double beds! Marilyn had similar driving experiences with husband Gary. (I've had the same experiences with my normally placid husband). There's something about couples trying to find their way around in strange places in a car! All the girls are well travelled and told me about the terrible discomfort of hours spent in a plane. I'm going to Europe for the first time next year and that is the part I'm not looking forward to - brings back memories of that long bus ride from Brisbane to Sydney done many times before air fares got cheap. Another thing they told us was that dogs are allowed to defecate on Paris footpaths!! I haven't seen that in the travel brochures. And the anti-smoking is not as strict as here. I won't like that!

Did I forget the books!!

No comments: