Saturday, January 27, 2018

The Fortune Seekers - Dan and Charlotte

I very much enjoyed The Fortune Seekers - Dan and Charlotte by Glennis Browne.  I will first declare - I have a personal interest in this book.  A couple of weeks ago, I met the author through Ancestry.  Dan and Charlotte are her great-great grandparents, and also mine.  The books is well-researched and the writing is very good.  I particularly liked the descriptions of where the characters lived, especially their life on board the ship as they migrated to Australia.  This is a work of fiction loosely built on the facts as the author knows them to be.  I read the Kindle version. Recommended to anyone who has ancestors who undertook a similar journey around that time. 4/5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well hello Suzanne. How kind of you to review my novel on your website.
Lucky me!
I am pleased you enjoyed my story. It was a joy to bring my relatives alive in this way after years of research into their lives. Especially knowing information about Dan being press ganged and jumping ship after all those years at Sydney. All true facts that my Dad’s uncles passed on before they died.
As the second of the series moves towards completion, it is equally a joy to write, as there are more living relatives who I am meeting, and their memories and documents are enabling the stories to be closer to the truth.
I plan to release the second of the series in mid 2018.
And, then it’s into book three.
Thank you again, Glennis