Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Redeemer

I very much enjoyed The Redeemer by Jo Nesbo which is another detective Harry Hole thriller. This is what I thought was the 4th in the Harry Hole series, but discovered today there two more before The Redbreast (which I thought was the first). Each of these books can "stand alone" as there is always a major case to be solved, but the series has a couple of threads running through the series which can be better understood if read in order. In this book Hole investigates the contract killing murder of a Salvation Army officer. He discovers the murder has a connection to a crime several years earlier and it seems the murder may be a "payback" killing done by a "redeemer". The story is very involved as gradually the pieces of the puzzle are put together correctly. There is corruption, murder and some romance. Highly recommended and I'm soon to start the next in the series The Snowman. 41/2/5

2 comments:

GE said...

Dear Suzanne, Thanks to your recommendation have finished The Redbreast and halfway through Nemesis. Am enjoying Nesbo's guided tour through the lifestyle and law (and weather) of Norway. So much so, that have just ordered a series of Icelandic crime novels by Arnaldur Indridason. I guess I'm finding the cold climes an interesting balance to Brisbane's temperatures! Keep up the book reports. Gaye E.

GE said...

Forget to ask your blog to email me if other comments appear - so here I am again!