Monday, March 30, 2009

Taking Control of Multiple Sclerosis

I've found Taking Control of Multiple Sclerosis by Dr George Jelinek a very interesting book. It was lent to me by a friend and I was surprised that so much of the book was relevant to my own condition CIDP and Transverse Myelitis (the myelin sheath is attacked by my immune system) so I got a lot out of the book. Dr Jelinek says it is important to take control as early as possible to slow down the effects of MS. He advocates a change of diet (for example - eliminate saturated fats), sunlight, some vitamins, meditation and counselling to help deal with the condition. Dr Jelinek was diagnosed with MS about seven years ago and with his medical knowledge he researched everything that had been written about it and has provided the results of his investigation in an easy to read manner to benefit others with the condition. It is essential reading for anyone newly diagnosed with MS. 5/5

No comments: